13 April 2021
Mutoh Europe nv, EMEA business unit of Mutoh Industries Co. Ltd., Japan, today announced release of a new 64” (162 cm) wide, high quality 8 channel piezo drop-on-demand roll fed dye sublimation inkjet printer, called XpertJet 1682WR.
Engineered and designed in Japan, this new dye sub printer model is the successor to Mutoh’s award winning ValueJet 1638WX dye sub printer.
The XpertJet 1682WR printer has been developed for high quality graphics for transfer onto all possible types of polyester coated or polyester based rigid substrates, gadgets and flexible materials. Applications encompass in-store textile displays, personalised interior décor, custom apparel, soft signage, sportswear, customised promotional products, giftware and more.
Featuring a high level of print production efficiency, the XPJ-1682WR accommodates two gold plated piezo variable drop print heads producing stunning results in 4, 6, 7 or 8 colour ink setups. The piezo print heads are capable of firing drops from 2.8 picolitres up to 33.9 picolitres.
Cleverly designed, the XpertJet 1682WR combines multiple product enhancements which will deliver optimum quality results and an excellent user experience. A newly developed multi-stage pressure roller system will enhance media feed stability for a wide range of sublimation papers. Rolls can be easily installed thanks to a new enhanced roll off system and newly developed media flanges. Continuous printing is made possible with the different motorised take-up systems, for rolls weights up to 30, 40 or 100 kg and roll diameters from 150 to 250 mm.
The XPJ-1682WR printer also integrates Mutoh’s new “Media Tracker” technology. With this new feature, the user can print a barcode on the roll of media in use before it is removed from the printer. When reloading the same roll of media, the XPJ-1682WR will read the barcode and will automatically detect how much media is left on the roll.
Available immediately, this dual head high quality dye sublimation printer will fit both startup and established businesses wanting to extend their product portfolio.
The new XpertJet 1682WR model will be sold exclusively through Mutoh’s channel of certified & trained distributors throughout Europe, the Middle East & Africa.
Mutoh XpertJet 1682WR – Highlights
• Successor to Mutoh’s popular and award winning ValueJet 1638WX
• Transfer sublimation printing up to 1625 mm (63.97”)
• Two gold plated piezo drop on demand heads on board, drop sizes from 2.8 pl to 33.9 pl
• Typical production speeds between 10 m²/h and 48 m²/h
• Up to 8 colour setup
• New multi-language & intuitive OLED operation panel
• Easy access illuminated print platform
• Enhanced media handling & transport
• Ready for volume printing : 30, 40 or 100 kg motorized take up systems
• “Media Tracker” feature to easily track remaining media left on a part-used roll
• Environmentally friendly printing - high level of operator safety
Mutoh Australia will have stock available in May.